Friday 3 August 2012

The Beat on Bali Raw: 'a Boys Own kind of action novel'


The Beat  is an incredibly up to date and cool magazine that contains well-researched and valid information on what is trending in Bali and Jakarta. The Beat magazine was my favourite reading material while I lived in Bali. I would pick up a copy of The Beat every month and then scrutinise its pages to find out what was happening in and around Bali's nightlife scene. 

I was very excited and a little nervous when I learned The Beat wanted to review Bali Raw and interview me. I needn't have been concerned. The Bali Raw review was well written and the interview turned out great. 

Here's a little bit from the Bali Raw book review:

"There are some humorous episodes but generally the undertone is built on raw machismo in a Les Norton way more than raw fact, which is perfect for a young lad like my [17 year old] son ready to lap up the heroics of a cool minded and a little arrogant central figure, but lacking on details of the real underbelly of this town. It's a fun book though and easy to read from cover to cover. It's a Boys Own kind of action novel with many insights to the Kuta backstreet world of bars, expats and the ladies and men of the night."

If you're interested in reading the full book review and my interview, you can visit http://beatmag.com/bali/features/bali-raw.html

No comments:

Post a Comment